• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Admin Abuse COF members abusing admin

#1 User is offline   SkinCarv3r 

• Just got here
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 February 2023 - 03:33 AM

First of all i want to say i do apologize if i posted this topic in the incorrect area, after searching for awhile i just couldnt find a second for this type of situation.

Ingame name - SkinCarv3r
Time - 1:11 am EST
Date 2/10/2023

Admin in question: Elarra

I had just joined the server after a long period of being away due to personal issues. When i come back i am immediately harassed by Beers N00b, constantly disrespecting me, calling me named such as "***" "bitch" "douche" all in front of a COF member. I did nothing to deserve this, all i did was join and play and keep to myself. My ping was a bit high do to playing from work on a hotspot, not the best internet but it stayed around 100 - 120 ping. Ive played in the server under these conditions before and had no issues. While i was being harassed i told Elarra about the issue and in return i was kicked from the server. Apparently because i had enough of beers disrespect i fired back by telling him to keep my name out of his mouth and leave me alone. Elarra took that as disrespect to her friend and kicked me for it. also threatened to ban me because of what i said. I had no idea COF allowed people like elarra to have admin and to abuse it the way she did. Ive been playing in COF for the better part of 8 years and not once have i ever had an issue, been banned, kicked, slapped, told to obey the rules, or any misconduct within the server. NOT once have i ever had to deal with an admin being disrespectful or mean, cruel, power tripping. I highly respect COF and even applied to join and embrace the COF ways. This is an absolute shame and disrespectful to the COF name and integrity. There was also no reprimand of BEERS for the horrific way he spoke to someone within the server.

#2 User is offline   The Eleven 

• Needs a life
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: COF Admin

Posted 10 February 2023 - 01:11 PM

Hi SkinCarv3r! I'm sorry you had this experience in our server. Both B33r and Elarra have also reached out to me about this.

View PostSkinCarv3r, on 10 February 2023 - 03:33 AM, said:

First of all i want to say i do apologize if i posted this topic in the incorrect area, after searching for awhile i just couldnt find a second for this type of situation.

Sure, this goes in "Posts to Admins" and I moved it here.

When i come back i am immediately harassed by Beers N00b, constantly disrespecting me, calling me named such as "***" "bitch" "douche" all in front of a COF member. I did nothing to deserve this, all i did was join and play and keep to myself. My ping was a bit high do to playing from work on a hotspot, not the best internet but it stayed around 100 - 120 ping. Ive played in the server under these conditions before and had no issues. ~~~ There was also no reprimand of BEERS for the horrific way he spoke to someone within the server.

B33r's behavior was not OK. I have told him it wasn't acceptable and can't happen again. He has been playing here for a loooooong time and has often been very helpful towards us and me personally so I am not going to ban him for being toxic this one time; it is very out of character for him historically. That said, there's NEVER an excuse to behave like he did towards you in our server. If this happens again please let me know. This is going on his permanent record for sure.

https://media.tenor.com/lhfxRQwdGHEAAAAC/bart-simpson-permanent.gif

While i was being harassed i told Elarra about the issue and in return i was kicked from the server. Apparently because i had enough of beers disrespect i fired back by telling him to keep my name out of his mouth and leave me alone. Elarra took that as disrespect to her friend and kicked me for it. also threatened to ban me because of what i said. I had no idea COF allowed people like elarra to have admin and to abuse it the way she did. Ive been playing in COF for the better part of 8 years and not once have i ever had an issue, been banned, kicked, slapped, told to obey the rules, or any misconduct within the server. NOT once have i ever had to deal with an admin being disrespectful or mean, cruel, power tripping. I highly respect COF and even applied to join and embrace the COF ways. This is an absolute shame and disrespectful to the COF name and integrity.

All of our full members who wear the [COF] tag have admin powers to kick, ban, slap, slay, and otherwise mediate the server. Generally we defer to people with more seniority when there are a bunch of COF in the server which is why you may see some members rarely or ever using admin powers. I also don't expect our admins to get everything right the first time and often we are distracted by real life or just trying to play the game; that's why we have appeal processes, forums, and discord, so that decisions made in the moment can be reviewed and moderated later.

In this case, you ran into an admin who was distracted by real life and didn't get it right. B33r has admitted to starting in on you and so it's one of those things where you got punished like the aggressor for defending yourself as the victim because when authority popped its head in to pay attention you were the one making the fuss. Was that fair? No, not at all. This isn't going on your permanent record. Am I going to push to discipline the admin who made the mistake? No, sometimes these things happen and that's part of the price for having anyone with admin on the server at one in the morning. There have been plenty of mornings with no admin in the server and I don't think that's better even if having one admin is sometimes imperfect. Our admin was following my instructions to the best of their ability, and that instruction is that if you tell someone to do something and they argue with you or otherwise don't immediately comply to slap / slay / kick / ban and we can sort it out later. In this case you argued (and we understand why you did with this context!) and here we are.

In general, if an admin tells you to do something, please do it and then come back to the forum / discord / message me personally if you want to complain and we'll sort it out thoughtfully. The server is not the place to sort out misunderstandings or to argue with admins, even when we are wrong! And we will be wrong sometimes!

#3 User is offline   Aunt Elarra 

• Post count increasing...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: COF Members

Posted 10 February 2023 - 01:25 PM

Ingame name - SkinCarv3r
Time - 1:11 am EST
Date 2/10/2023

Admin in question: Elarra

I had just joined the server after a long period of being away due to personal issues. When i come back i am immediately harassed by Beers N00b, constantly disrespecting me, calling me named such as "***" "bitch" "douche" all in front of a COF member. I did nothing to deserve this, all i did was join and play and keep to myself. My ping was a bit high do to playing from work on a hotspot, not the best internet but it stayed around 100 - 120 ping. Ive played in the server under these conditions before and had no issues. While i was being harassed i told Elarra about the issue and in return i was kicked from the server. Apparently because i had enough of beers disrespect i fired back by telling him to keep my name out of his mouth and leave me alone. Elarra took that as disrespect to her friend and kicked me for it. also threatened to ban me because of what i said. I had no idea COF allowed people like elarra to have admin and to abuse it the way she did. Ive been playing in COF for the better part of 8 years and not once have i ever had an issue, been banned, kicked, slapped, told to obey the rules, or any misconduct within the server. NOT once have i ever had to deal with an admin being disrespectful or mean, cruel, power tripping. I highly respect COF and even applied to join and embrace the COF ways. This is an absolute shame and disrespectful to the COF name and integrity. There was also no reprimand of BEERS for the horrific way he spoke to someone within the server.

My daughter was having a rough night as she has Eczema so attending to her comes first. I was playing in the server skin carver comes in,beer says it's skincarver. Skin carver than preceded to harass beer, i was not sure what all was going on as i had motherly duties to attend to. I did ask everyone to please claim down and have fun and than skin carver started in on me so i kicked him and he came back in and continued to argue and such. i did give him a warning that if he didn't stop i would have to take the next step in what i have been told to do as an admin. I noticed skin carvers ping was double what is usually is, so i said hey your ping is pretty high can you see if you can fix it to which he told me No which i than kicked him, skincarver than came back in and whit out me getting to tell him why he was kicked he said do not kick me again and that he was reporting me for admin abuse. I do not see were i was abusing my admin by kicking someone for telling an admin no when asked to please calm down and for them to try to fix there ping. I never once said anything out of line or disrespectful to Skincarver. Everyone in the server is my friend and I was in no way showing favoritism to anyone if I would have heard what beer was saying i would have kicked him as well.Beer calmed down after I asked everyone to please calm down, Sorry i didn't catch him saying these things.

#4 User is offline   SkinCarv3r 

• Just got here
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2023 - 04:57 PM

View PostThe Eleven, on 10 February 2023 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hi SkinCarv3r! I'm sorry you had this experience in our server. Both B33r and Elarra have also reached out to me about this.

When i come back i am immediately harassed by Beers N00b, constantly disrespecting me, calling me named such as "***" "bitch" "douche" all in front of a COF member. I did nothing to deserve this, all i did was join and play and keep to myself. My ping was a bit high do to playing from work on a hotspot, not the best internet but it stayed around 100 - 120 ping. Ive played in the server under these conditions before and had no issues. ~~~ There was also no reprimand of BEERS for the horrific way he spoke to someone within the server.

B33r's behavior was not OK. I have told him it wasn't acceptable and can't happen again. He has been playing here for a loooooong time and has often been very helpful towards us and me personally so I am not going to ban him for being toxic this one time; it is very out of character for him historically. That said, there's NEVER an excuse to behave like he did towards you in our server. If this happens again please let me know. This is going on his permanent record for sure.

https://media.tenor.com/lhfxRQwdGHEAAAAC/bart-simpson-permanent.gif

While i was being harassed i told Elarra about the issue and in return i was kicked from the server. Apparently because i had enough of beers disrespect i fired back by telling him to keep my name out of his mouth and leave me alone. Elarra took that as disrespect to her friend and kicked me for it. also threatened to ban me because of what i said. I had no idea COF allowed people like elarra to have admin and to abuse it the way she did. Ive been playing in COF for the better part of 8 years and not once have i ever had an issue, been banned, kicked, slapped, told to obey the rules, or any misconduct within the server. NOT once have i ever had to deal with an admin being disrespectful or mean, cruel, power tripping. I highly respect COF and even applied to join and embrace the COF ways. This is an absolute shame and disrespectful to the COF name and integrity.

All of our full members who wear the [COF] tag have admin powers to kick, ban, slap, slay, and otherwise mediate the server. Generally we defer to people with more seniority when there are a bunch of COF in the server which is why you may see some members rarely or ever using admin powers. I also don't expect our admins to get everything right the first time and often we are distracted by real life or just trying to play the game; that's why we have appeal processes, forums, and discord, so that decisions made in the moment can be reviewed and moderated later.

In this case, you ran into an admin who was distracted by real life and didn't get it right. B33r has admitted to starting in on you and so it's one of those things where you got punished like the aggressor for defending yourself as the victim because when authority popped its head in to pay attention you were the one making the fuss. Was that fair? No, not at all. This isn't going on your permanent record. Am I going to push to discipline the admin who made the mistake? No, sometimes these things happen and that's part of the price for having anyone with admin on the server at one in the morning. There have been plenty of mornings with no admin in the server and I don't think that's better even if having one admin is sometimes imperfect. Our admin was following my instructions to the best of their ability, and that instruction is that if you tell someone to do something and they argue with you or otherwise don't immediately comply to slap / slay / kick / ban and we can sort it out later. In this case you argued (and we understand why you did with this context!) and here we are.

In general, if an admin tells you to do something, please do it and then come back to the forum / discord / message me personally if you want to complain and we'll sort it out thoughtfully. The server is not the place to sort out misunderstandings or to argue with admins, even when we are wrong! And we will be wrong sometimes!

Thank you for your the response. I have to disagree with you about Elarra being "distracted" while handling the situation because the entire time this was going on she was ACTIVELY playing, responding, and even had a conversation with B33rs while this whole thing took place. She understood exactly what was happening and chose to do nothing about it. I would understand if she was spectate or just afk in general. I literally killed her 4 times as we both fired back at each other while B33rs was off at the mouth.

This post has been edited by SkinCarv3r: 11 February 2023 - 04:58 PM

#5 User is offline   Aunt Elarra 

• Post count increasing...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: COF Members

Posted 11 February 2023 - 09:35 PM

View PostSkinCarv3r, on 11 February 2023 - 04:57 PM, said:

B33r's behavior was not OK. I have told him it wasn't acceptable and can't happen again. He has been playing here for a loooooong time and has often been very helpful towards us and me personally so I am not going to ban him for being toxic this one time; it is very out of character for him historically. That said, there's NEVER an excuse to behave like he did towards you in our server. If this happens again please let me know. This is going on his permanent record for

Thank you for your the response. I have to disagree with you about Elarra being "distracted" while handling the situation because the entire time this was going on she was ACTIVELY playing, responding, and even had a conversation with B33rs while this whole thing took place. She understood exactly what was happening and chose to do nothing about it. I would understand if she was spectate or just afk in general. I literally killed her 4 times as we both fired back at each other while B33rs was off at the mouth.

( I have to disagree with you about Elarra being "distracted" while handling the situation because the entire time this was going on she was ACTIVELY playing, responding, and even had a conversation with B33rs while this whole thing took place. She understood exactly what was happening and chose to do nothing about it. I would understand if she was spectate or just afk in general. I literally killed her 4 times as we both fired back at each other while B33rs was off at the mouth.
)Again I was away from key board every few minutes taking care of my child, so until you are in my shoes Skincarver and have a child with this condition and it requires your attention you have no right to say i was not distracted. Lets just drop this and move on.

View PostSkinCarv3r, on 11 February 2023 - 04:57 PM, said:

B33r's behavior was not OK. I have told him it wasn't acceptable and can't happen again. He has been playing here for a loooooong time and has often been very helpful towards us and me personally so I am not going to ban him for being toxic this one time; it is very out of character for him historically. That said, there's NEVER an excuse to behave like he did towards you in our server. If this happens again please let me know. This is going on his permanent record for

( I have to disagree with you about Elarra being "distracted" while handling the situation because the entire time this was going on she was ACTIVELY playing, responding, and even had a conversation with B33rs while this whole thing took place. She understood exactly what was happening and chose to do nothing about it. I would understand if she was spectate or just afk in general. I literally killed her 4 times as we both fired back at each other while B33rs was off at the mouth.
)Again I was away from key board every few minutes taking care of my child, so until you are in my shoes Skincarver and have a child with this condition and it requires your attention you have no right to say i was not distracted. Lets just drop this and move on.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users